We got up and trekked to the toy store that Christophe had recommended. We found and bought a trike for Shane to use as transportation. While we were there, we found out that they had a very trendy kids hair salon. We made an appointment and Shane got a haircut that was too cool. Then we took the subway to the Champs Elysees and walked through the Jardin des Tuileres which is right by the Louvre. We walked through and saw the fun fair, little sailboats, playground, and gardens from the 15th Century. We walked back since we really weren't too far from the Louvre. We took the time to stop at a cafe and have some drinks. When we finally got back to our place, we showered and then walked to a restaurant that Judy and Jimmy had recommended.Unfortunately, it was closed so we ambled up the street a bit and found this super cool restaurant right under a 14th century church. We had the most inexpensive fillet Mignon but it was delicious. It was still early in our trip so we were digging the french fries still and they had this awesome salad. It was one of the best meals of our lives. After dinner, Shane told me that he had to go to the bathroom. Well, I suppose the restaurant/building had been there since the 14th Century as well because the toilet was just a hole in the ground. They had these little foot pedals to place your feet to squat over the hole. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it as it was so medieval and just the stuff I love. I passed on the bathroom at the restaurant but practically had to run back to our apartment. The good news is that I made it.
No comments:
Post a Comment