Sunday, September 7, 2008

Paris Day 6: Aug. 27, 2008

Today, we actually got an early start (for us at least) and we went to the Eiffel Tower. It was a breathtaking view and, although the top was super crowded, the second level wasn't too bad. We had a casual lunch but it was delicious because we were famished and the view wasn't bad. Unfortunately, we were dismayed to realize that, while we went up to the top, someone stole Shane's tricycle which we hid right in front of the police station (next to the lake). Jason spent the good part of an hour walking around and trying to find it but to no avail. I even went into the police station, where no one spoke English, to see if they could help. Basically, they thought I was telling them that the bike had fallen into the lake and that I wanted them to go in and get it. Wasn't funny at the time, but funny now. We took the subway back and gave Shane a nap while we relaxed and napped too. When we got up, we went out for Chinese food. We drank a lot of wine and ate lots of good food and yummy deserts. We went to bed very early that night...I think Shane tucked me in although it's all a haze.

No comments: